Today's blog comes courtesy of my 10 year old daughter. Her English assignment was to write "6 Rules For Life." I'm sharing what she wrote, verbatim, and it seems especially appropriate on this day, as we all remember what's really important in life.
Rules for Life
1. Don’t be afraid to live your life to what you want it to be. Follow your dreams. Be happy.
2. You only have one life. Don’t spend all of your time in front of the T.V. You’ll never get those moments back. Live life to its fullest.
3. Riding your bike makes everything bad go away if you just let go and ride. Don’t concentrate, but don’t close your eyes and kill yourself. Ride your bike.
4. Don’t be too serious in life. Crack yourself up. Watch Rifftrax with a movie sometime. Laugh.
5. When you get up on a stage, for example, you’ll want to sing loud and sing proud. Just do your best at everything you attempt. Most importantly, be yourself.
6. If you don’t get the part you want in a play, go to rehearsal anyways. If you are in an uncomfortable situation, do what you can. Make the best of what you’ve got.
I couldn't agree more.